Monday, January 14, 2008

Please Forgive The Lack Of Poptarts

Yesterday evening (soon to be two evenings ago) my mom and I sat down to watch the excitedly anticipated 'Persuasion' done by Masterpiece Theater and BBC. If you know anything of Masterpiece Theater you must know how absolutely wonderful they are!
As 'Persuasion' is by far my favorite novel I claim all rights to make the final opinion of this movie. I LOVED it. Not even caps lock can express my fan-girlish joy! I thought each character was played by the right actor/actress and even within a half hour period it was managed to make an amazing adaption of Jane Austen's book.
Needless to say this come highly recommended by me, both book and Masterpiece movie.


On another note: I began my classes at wor-wic today. joy.
Math 099: Ms. Lloyd. 9am. non-descript teacher and dull voice. Oh this will be a fun class!)
Nutrition (bio 120): Ms. Wilson. 10:45. Beautiful woman in her mid-40s. Tall, blond, slender, funny. I have this class with one very good friend and one new friend so I am very excited. First class went perfectly and I find this may be the profession for me.
English 151: Dr. Bartlette. 12:45. Bright red hair, short, stout, hot pink turtle neck, bright purple jumper. Made an eccentric impression on me. Echoes her own words. Ex. "Please read pages 20-48....pages 20-48." "Yes, we will be reading Shakespeare....Shakespeare."

So, every monday and wednesday I will embark on the quest for higher education. Oh fun fun fun. But I have realized it is a blessing to learn and it is a task that will further my enjoyment of life. This thinking has helped me become much less stressed for the upcoming ACTs. Which I must somehow learn Trig in the next 2 weeks....Eek!

2 comments:

linnea said...

Oh yea, Ben and I really enjoyed Persuasion of Sunday evening. Such a good actress played the lead role.

cew said...

i have yet to read persuasion... better get on that huh?

biol 120 -nutrition. i took that at wor-wic with a mrs. shwartz and loved it. she taught a lot from power point. you'll have to log your food intake for three straight days and write up difficiencies...

yeah the red-head teacher is a bit... i don't know how she is as an english teacher but sat with her on the disciplinary board for WWCC... word of wisdom: don't EVER plagurize in her class. (we were listening to another student's case and having to decide the punishment)


can i live here?